Facts and Figures
Responding to the challenge of a rapidly changing higher education landscape
You can read about our past year's successes in the reviews below or discover what our vice-chancellor has to say about higher education in the compilation of his blogs and articles.
You can also view our financial statements and executive expenses reports.
Our Corporate Strategy 2015-2020 (PDF File 749 KB) sets out how the University will achieve its vision of becoming London's top modern university by 2020.
Download our Annual Review (PDF File 2,949 KB).
In 2017, we were named University of the Year for Graduate Employment by the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide; a testament to the achievements of our graduates.
In 2018, our Vice-Chancellor Professor David Phoenix wrote a number of blogs and articles covering issues in higher education.
Download the Research, Enterprise and Innovation team's Annual Review (PDF File 3,383 KB).
This Annual Review charts the successes of the Research, Enterprise and Innovation Department, as it prioritises investment into eight key research themes.
This year we have hosted dozens of visits from representatives of government, business and educational and skills organisations wanting to know more about what we are doing.
As we talk to them it is clear that much of our work is innovative and highly regarded.Professor David Phoenix, Vice-Chancellor.
We consider financial sustainability absolutely fundamental to delivering our mission of supporting students to achieve professional success.
As well as the efficiency programme, which has saved £6m, we have also developed plans to deliver a prudent sustainable annual operating surplus, which has enabled us to manage uncertainty as we invest for the future and continue to strengthen the quality of support given to students.
Developing facilities and infrastructure
The University is constantly looking to develop and extend the benefits of its location and the features of its varied landscape. This leads us to create innovative new buildings, redevelop Grade II-listed properties and carry out a programme of changes and improvements that constantly further enhance our student offer.
In full compliance with the Office for Students requirements, below are copies of the University's annual financial statements, dating back to the 2009/10 academic period. The document is a review of our financial year and includes balance sheets, consolidated income and expenditure account and an independent auditor's report.
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2018 (PDF File 2,887 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2017 (PDF File 1,971 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2016 (PDF File 919 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2015 (PDF File 13,806 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2014 (PDF File 9,031 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2013 (PDF File 7,012 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2012 (PDF File 7,715 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2011 (PDF File 20,726 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2010 (PDF File 4,200 KB)
The University reimburses the travel and subsistence expenses incurred by the vice-chancellor on LSBU business.
Our financial regulations (PDF File 618 KB) set out the guidelines for expenses claims.
The vice-chancellor's expense reports are published periodically.
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses summary 2015-2017 (PDF File 89 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses summary 2011 to 2014 (PDF File 21 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q4 2013 (PDF File 191 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q3 2013 (PDF File 188 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q1 2013 (PDF File 189 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q4 2012 (PDF File 244 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q3 2012 (PDF File 25 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2012 (PDF File 27 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q4 2011 (PDF File 23 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q3 2011 (PDF File 25 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2011 (PDF File 21 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q3 2010 (PDF File 45 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2010 (PDF File 52 KB)
Trade Union facility time reporting
The Trade Union (Facility Time Publication Requirements) Regulations 2017 came into force on the 1 April 2017. These regulations place a legislative requirement on relevant public sector employers to collate and publish, on an annual basis, a range of data on the amount and cost of trade union facility time within their organisation.
24 June 2019Information Evening: International Human Resources Management
25 June 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Private Viewing
26 June 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Day 1
26 June 2019Open borders in Europe: current challenges from migration and from terrorism … working towards solutions
26 June 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
26 June 2019'Citizenship, Nation-Building and Identity in the EU' - Book Launch and Reception
27 June 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Day 2
27 June 2019Stock Market Integration between the UK and the US: Evidence over eight decades
28 June 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Day 3
1 July 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Day 4
LSBU celebrates wealth of local business talent at Southwark Business Awards Gala Finale
18 June 2019
Creative Technologies students celebrate work at End of Year Show
14 June 2019
LSBU’s Professor Alison Leary awarded MBE in Queen's Birthday Honours List 2019
14 June 2019
Lauren Webster, student at LSBU, wins at Women in Property Awards for the South East
12 June 2019
Ten place rise for LSBU in the Guardian League Table 2020
11 June 2019
Associate nursing professor at LSBU awarded place on 70@70 leadership programme
4 June 2019
Law student at LSBU wins double scholarship from the Honourable Society of Inner Temple
17 May 2019
LSBU hosts British Journalism Training Council conference
15 May 2019
London South Bank University supports MillionPlus #ThinkModern campaign
14 May 2019