Facts and Figures
Responding to the challenge of a rapidly changing higher education landscape
You can read about our past year's successes in the reviews below or discover what our vice-chancellor has to say about higher education in the compilation of his blogs and articles.
You can also view our financial statements and executive expenses reports.
Our Corporate Strategy 2015-2020 (PDF File 749 KB) sets out how the University will achieve its vision of becoming London's top modern university by 2020.
Download our Annual Review (PDF File 1,530 KB).
In 2017, we were named University of the Year for Graduate Employment by the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide; a testament to the achievements of our graduates.
In 2017, our Vice-Chancellor Professor David Phoenix wrote a number of blogs and articles covering issues in higher education.
Download the Research, Enterprise and Innovation team's Annual Review (PDF File 3,383 KB).
This Annual Review charts the successes of the Research, Enterprise and Innovation Department, as it prioritises investment into eight key research themes.
This year we have hosted dozens of visits from representatives of government, business and educational and skills organisations wanting to know more about what we are doing.
As we talk to them it is clear that much of our work is innovative and highly regarded.Professor David Phoenix, Vice-Chancellor.
We consider financial sustainability absolutely fundamental to delivering our mission of supporting students to achieve professional success.
As well as the efficiency programme, which has saved £6m, we have also developed plans to deliver a prudent sustainable annual operating surplus, which has enabled us to manage uncertainty as we invest for the future and continue to strengthen the quality of support given to students.
Developing facilities and infrastructure
The University is constantly looking to develop and extend the benefits of its location and the features of its varied landscape. This leads us to create innovative new buildings, redevelop Grade II-listed properties and carry out a programme of changes and improvements that constantly further enhance our student offer. Read more about campus developments.
In full compliance with HEFCE requirements, below are copies of the University's annual financial statements, dating back to the 2009/10 academic period. The document is a review of our financial year and includes balance sheets, consolidated income and expenditure account and an independent auditor's report.
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2017 (PDF File 1,971 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2016 (PDF File 919 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2015 (PDF File 13,806 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2014 (PDF File 9,031 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2013 (PDF File 7,012 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2012 (PDF File 7,715 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2011 (PDF File 20,726 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2010 (PDF File 4,200 KB)
The University reimburses the travel and subsistence expenses incurred by the vice-chancellor on LSBU business.
Our financial regulations (PDF File 618 KB) set out the guidelines for expenses claims.
The vice-chancellor's expense reports are published periodically.
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses summary 2015-2017 (PDF File 89 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses summary 2011 to 2014 (PDF File 21 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q4 2013 (PDF File 191 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q3 2013 (PDF File 188 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q1 2013 (PDF File 189 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q4 2012 (PDF File 244 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q3 2012 (PDF File 25 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2012 (PDF File 27 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q4 2011 (PDF File 23 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q3 2011 (PDF File 25 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2011 (PDF File 21 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q3 2010 (PDF File 45 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2010 (PDF File 52 KB)
24 July 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
24 July 2018CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
1 August 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
9 August 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
27 September 2018Dr Rami Ranger CBE Annual Enterprise Lecture
1 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of The Built Environment and Architecture; School of Engineering
6 October 2018University Open Day
15 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences
19 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
20 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Two student teams reach Engineering Design Challenge National Final
9 July 2018
LSBU academic chosen as one of the top figures in NHS history
3 July 2018
Academic wins award for pioneering research on kidney care
29 June 2018
Ex-smokers might be better off with high rather than low nicotine e-cigs
18 June 2018
LSBU students provide solutions for the local business community
14 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018
Another solid rise for LSBU in league tables
1 June 2018
LSBU wins Partnership of the Year with St Mungo’s at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018
21 May 2018
How black nurses were vital to our health service even before Windrush, a talk by Stephen Bourne
17 May 2018