Since 2015, the Partnership Agreement between OCN London and LSBU has benefited Access to HE students of colleges registered with OCN London
OCN London is a validating agency for the Access to Higher Education Diploma (Access to HE), a qualification which prepares learners without traditional qualifications for study at university.
A 2015 Partnership Agreement between London South Bank University (LSBU) and OCN London formalised an existing partnership, where LSBU staff participated in OCN London panels to validate Access to HE Diploma courses. LSBU staff have also served on the OCN London Advisory Board and been on the Board of Trustees.
Partnership Agreement objectives
- To raise confidence and aspirations of Access learners.
- To increase and widen participation in higher education.
- To provide clear higher education progression routes.
- To help prepare Access learners for higher education.
Hear what Access to HE students, college tutors and University Admissions Directors have to say about the positive impact of the Access to HE Diploma on students' lives.
Benefits to Access to HE learners
The agreement guarantees conditional offers at lower admissions requirements than our standard offer, across courses in six of LSBU's Schools:
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Arts and Creative Industries
- School of The Built Environment and Architecture
- School of Business
- School of Engineering
- School of Law and Social Sciences
For example, a standard LSBU offer to study on the LLB is 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits. Students from OCN London registered colleges would be made an offer of 9 Distinctions and 27 Merits.
- Extended Project 2-day Support Programme: The Extended Project is a 6-credit unit on many OCN London Access to HE Diploma courses. Our Support Programme is delivered by our academic and library staff. Participants will learn how to identify issues and research questions, plan their work and write a coherent extended essay that is appropriately referenced.
- Higher Education Days at LSBU.
- Taster Days in various subject areas.
- Access LSBU Scheme, allowing students access to our library and other facilities.
How to access the benefits
To receive the benefits of the agreement, Access to HE students must:
- Choose LSBU as one of their five university choices.
- Insert the code ‘OCN-LSBU’ in the further details box on the UCAS application form.
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
18 February 2018Lebanese International Student Fair - Day two
19 February 2018Lebanese International Student Fair - Day three
21 February 2018Egyptian International Student Fair - Day one
21 February 2018LSBU Spring Festival Gala 2018
22 February 2018Egyptian International Student Fair - Day two
22 February 2018Research today: Atta Muhammad discusses corporate disclosure by banks
22 February 2018Domestic Abuse through the Life Course
24 February 2018World Education Fair Bucharest - Day one
25 February 2018World Education Fair Bucharest - Day two
27 February 2018Meet our inspiring Law division alumni
LSBU is ranked tenth for diversity by top recruitment firm for 2017
13 February 2018
His Royal Highness The Duke of York officially opens South Bank Engineering University Training College
9 February 2018
LSBU's new Passmore Centre set to boost Southwark apprenticeships
7 February 2018
Peter Tatchell to speak at LSBU Global Panel discussion for LGBT Month
5 February 2018
LSBU University student wins national bursary for engineering talent
29 January 2018
Dynamic partnership with London South Bank University and the V & A proves a hit
24 January 2018
Professor David Nutt: Psychedelics and the 1960s mind
22 January 2018
LSBU hosts first Media Communications and Cultural Studies Association conference
13 January 2018
LSBU supports Southwark Council’s successful bid to regenerate Walworth heritage
12 January 2018