Since 2015, the Partnership Agreement between OCN London and LSBU has benefited Access to HE students of colleges registered with OCN London
OCN London is a validating agency for the Access to Higher Education Diploma (Access to HE), a qualification which prepares learners without traditional qualifications for study at university.
A 2015 Partnership Agreement between London South Bank University (LSBU) and OCN London formalised an existing partnership, where LSBU staff participated in OCN London panels to validate Access to HE Diploma courses. LSBU staff have also served on the OCN London Advisory Board and been on the Board of Trustees.
Partnership Agreement objectives
- To raise confidence and aspirations of Access learners.
- To increase and widen participation in higher education.
- To provide clear higher education progression routes.
- To help prepare Access learners for higher education.
Hear what Access to HE students, college tutors and University Admissions Directors have to say about the positive impact of the Access to HE Diploma on students' lives.
Benefits to Access to HE learners
The agreement guarantees conditional offers at lower admissions requirements than our standard offer, across courses in six of LSBU's Schools:
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Arts and Creative Industries
- School of The Built Environment and Architecture
- School of Business
- School of Engineering
- School of Law and Social Sciences
For example, a standard LSBU offer to study on the LLB is 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits. Students from OCN London registered colleges would be made an offer of 9 Distinctions and 27 Merits.
- Extended Project 2-day Support Programme: The Extended Project is a 6-credit unit on many OCN London Access to HE Diploma courses. Our Support Programme is delivered by our academic and library staff. Participants will learn how to identify issues and research questions, plan their work and write a coherent extended essay that is appropriately referenced.
- Higher Education Days at LSBU.
- Taster Days in various subject areas.
- Access LSBU Scheme, allowing students access to our library and other facilities.
How to access the benefits
To receive the benefits of the agreement, Access to HE students must:
- Choose LSBU as one of their five university choices.
- Insert the code ‘OCN-LSBU’ in the further details box on the UCAS application form.
19 June 2018Mechanical Engineering Taster Day
20 June 2018Product of South Bank
21 June 2018Applied Science Experience Day
21 June 2018Product Design Taster Day
22 June 2018The Working-Class Avant-Garde
22 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
22 June 2018Engineering Product Design Taster Day
22 June 2018Mechanical Engineering Taster Day
23 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
23 June 2018University Open Day
Ex-smokers might be better off with high rather than low nicotine e-cigs
18 June 2018
LSBU students provide solutions for the local business community
14 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018
Another solid rise for LSBU in league tables
1 June 2018
LSBU wins Partnership of the Year with St Mungo’s at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018
21 May 2018
How black nurses were vital to our health service even before Windrush, a talk by Stephen Bourne
17 May 2018
Remodelling crowd medical services in the English football league, a study by LSBU and Millwall Football Club
4 May 2018
Product Design students deliver creative Airlander concepts
3 May 2018
London South Bank University enters top 100 League in Complete Universities Guide
25 April 2018