Since 2015, the Partnership Agreement between OCN London and LSBU has benefited Access to HE students of colleges registered with OCN London
OCN London is a validating agency for the Access to Higher Education Diploma (Access to HE), a qualification which prepares learners without traditional qualifications for study at university.
A 2015 Partnership Agreement between London South Bank University (LSBU) and OCN London formalised an existing partnership, where LSBU staff participated in OCN London panels to validate Access to HE Diploma courses. LSBU staff have also served on the OCN London Advisory Board and been on the Board of Trustees.
Partnership Agreement objectives
- To raise confidence and aspirations of Access learners.
- To increase and widen participation in higher education.
- To provide clear higher education progression routes.
- To help prepare Access learners for higher education.
Hear what Access to HE students, college tutors and University Admissions Directors have to say about the positive impact of the Access to HE Diploma on students' lives.
Benefits to Access to HE learners
The agreement guarantees conditional offers at lower admissions requirements than our standard offer, across courses in six of LSBU's Schools:
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Arts and Creative Industries
- School of The Built Environment and Architecture
- School of Business
- School of Engineering
- School of Law and Social Sciences
For example, a standard LSBU offer to study on the LLB is 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits. Students from OCN London registered colleges would be made an offer of 9 Distinctions and 27 Merits.
- Extended Project 2-day Support Programme: The Extended Project is a 6-credit unit on many OCN London Access to HE Diploma courses. Our Support Programme is delivered by our academic and library staff. Participants will learn how to identify issues and research questions, plan their work and write a coherent extended essay that is appropriately referenced.
- Higher Education Days at LSBU.
- Taster Days in various subject areas.
- Access LSBU Scheme, allowing students access to our library and other facilities.
How to access the benefits
To receive the benefits of the agreement, Access to HE students must:
- Choose LSBU as one of their five university choices.
- Insert the code ‘OCN-LSBU’ in the further details box on the UCAS application form.
23 April 2018Health and Social Care Open Day - Havering Campus
24 April 2018Personal Branding by Student Enterprise
24 April 2018Alumni seminars: Integrated care
25 April 2018British Society of Bakers 2018 Spring Conference
25 April 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
26 April 2018Celebrate Enterprise
9 May 2018Postgraduate Open Evening
9 May 2018Professor Robert West: What good is the label 'addiction'?
10 May 2018Before the NHS: Black Nurses in Britain 1881-1948
15 May 2018Alumni seminars: Alternative maternity care
Parents attend Lambeth Careers Cluster Conference
19 April 2018
Global report ranks LSBU’s Clarence Centre in top 20 for business start-ups
11 April 2018
Local schools visit Southwark Careers Fair 2018
3 April 2018
Lambeth College resolves to join the LSBU Family
21 March 2018
180 young people from Lambeth schools and colleges attend Lambeth Apprenticeship conference 2018
14 March 2018
ERDF grants LSBU £1Million to support 80 food SMEs
13 March 2018
Addiction recovery techniques discussed at SMART Recovery conference, hosted by LSBU
13 March 2018
Annual careers evening with the School of Business
12 March 2018
Digital communications with Andrew Mitchell from Brandmovers
9 March 2018