Since 2015, the Partnership Agreement between OCN London and LSBU has benefited Access to HE students of colleges registered with OCN London
If you're a student with an Access to Higher Education Diploma (Access to HE) from an OCN London registered college and you apply to LSBU, you're guaranteed a conditional offer at lower admissions requirements than the University's standard offer, across courses in the following Schools:
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Arts and Creative Industries
- School of The Built Environment and Architecture
- School of Business
- School of Engineering
- School of Law and Social Sciences
For example, a standard LSBU offer to study on the LLB is 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits. Students from OCN London registered colleges would be made an offer of 9 Distinctions and 27 Merits.
- Extended Project 2-day support programme: The Extended Project is a 6-credit unit on many OCN London Access to HE Diploma courses. LSBU's Support Programme for this unit is delivered by our academic and library staff. Participants will learn how to identify issues and research questions, plan their work and write a coherent extended essay that is appropriately referenced.
- Taster Days in various subject areas.
- Access to the LSBU Scheme, allowing students access to our library and other facilities.
To receive the benefits, Access to HE students must:
- Choose LSBU as one of their five university choices.
- Insert the code ‘OCN-LSBU’ in the further details box on the UCAS application form.
Access to HE
The Access to HE Diploma is a qualification which prepares learners without traditional qualifications for study at university.
LSBU has a Partnership Agreement with OCN London. Its objectives are:
- To raise confidence and aspirations of Access learners.
- To increase and widen participation in higher education.
- To provide clear higher education progression routes.
- To help prepare Access learners for higher education.
Hear what Access to HE students, college tutors and university admissions directors have to say about the positive impact of the Access to HE Diploma on students' lives.
21 November 2018Professionalism and ethics in construction: Improving the global industry - Day one
22 November 2018Professionalism and ethics in construction: Improving the global industry - Day two
22 November 2018'ResearchToday!' A Relational Perspective to Burnout in the Work Place
23 November 2018Engineering Experience Day
26 November 2018Social Justice: An Evening with Gary Younge and Alex Vitale
28 November 2018The Dark Side of Accountancy: Ethical dilemmas and sustainability challenges
28 November 2018Postgraduate Open Evening
29 November 2018'ResearchToday!' The Upcycling Movement: Pursuing Hedonistic Sustainability
29 November 2018Law Division Lecture Series - Sir Peter Thornton QC: Death Investigation - Coroners and Inquests
5 December 2018Reframing student motivation for university success
£10,000 win for LSBU student’s water heating solution
14 November 2018
South Bank celebration marks Sir Simon Hughes becoming new Chancellor of LSBU
9 November 2018
LSBU professor awarded for major engineering management accomplishments
6 November 2018
Lord David Blunkett former home secretary awarded honorary doctorate
1 November 2018
Calling all Engineers: LSBU’s Thomas Empson urges creative contributions to sustainable development
1 November 2018
David Longbottom, former LSBU Pro-Chancellor, awarded honorary doctorate
1 November 2018
LSBU chocolatier Barry Johnson to represent UK in world's biggest chocolate contest
24 October 2018
Hollywood actor David Oyelowo awarded honorary doctorate by London South Bank University
15 October 2018
LSBU’s Clarence Centre celebrates five years supporting university and industry collaboration
27 September 2018