Since 2015, the Partnership Agreement between OCN London and LSBU has benefited Access to HE students of colleges registered with OCN London
If you're a student with an Access to Higher Education Diploma (Access to HE) from an OCN London registered college and you apply to LSBU, you're guaranteed a conditional offer at lower admissions requirements than the University's standard offer, across courses in the following Schools:
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Arts and Creative Industries
- School of The Built Environment and Architecture
- School of Business
- School of Engineering
- School of Law and Social Sciences
For example, a standard LSBU offer to study on the LLB is 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits. Students from OCN London registered colleges would be made an offer of 9 Distinctions and 27 Merits.
- Extended Project 2-day support programme: The Extended Project is a 6-credit unit on many OCN London Access to HE Diploma courses. LSBU's Support Programme for this unit is delivered by our academic and library staff. Participants will learn how to identify issues and research questions, plan their work and write a coherent extended essay that is appropriately referenced.
- Taster Days in various subject areas.
- Access to the LSBU Scheme, allowing students access to our library and other facilities.
To receive the benefits, Access to HE students must:
- Choose LSBU as one of their five university choices.
- Insert the code ‘OCN-LSBU’ in the further details box on the UCAS application form.
Access to HE
The Access to HE Diploma is a qualification which prepares learners without traditional qualifications for study at university.
LSBU has a Partnership Agreement with OCN London. Its objectives are:
- To raise confidence and aspirations of Access learners.
- To increase and widen participation in higher education.
- To provide clear higher education progression routes.
- To help prepare Access learners for higher education.
Hear what Access to HE students, college tutors and university admissions directors have to say about the positive impact of the Access to HE Diploma on students' lives.
27 March 2019Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day
27 March 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
28 March 2019Responding to ageing demographics: A positive view from a public administration and public policy perspective.
5 April 2019Transnational Female Activism: Peace, Suffrage, Diversity 1914-1939
24 April 2019Two day workshop on sustainable biodiesel production
8 May 2019Postgraduate Open Evening
31 May 2019LSBU Project Management Conference - Bridging the gap between theory and practice
22 June 2019University Open Day
LSBU Women's Netball team win university league
20 March 2019
LSBU Men’s Rugby Team win university league for the first time in 22 years
13 March 2019
LSBU marks National Apprenticeship Week with celebratory event
12 March 2019
LSBU Journalism students to team up with innovative start-up Fighthoax
6 March 2019
LSBU Architectural Technology students through to CIOB Bright Futures final
27 February 2019
LSBU Vice-Chancellor joins Educational Commission for Lifelong Learning
26 February 2019
New study reveals stark gender pay inequality in UK nursing workforce
26 February 2019
LSBU graduate wins big at the RTS London Student Awards
22 February 2019
LSBU mental health research boosted by £200k grant
14 February 2019