Since 2015, the Partnership Agreement between OCN London and LSBU has benefited Access to HE students of colleges registered with OCN London
If you're a student with an Access to Higher Education Diploma (Access to HE) from an OCN London registered college and you apply to LSBU, you're guaranteed a conditional offer at lower admissions requirements than the University's standard offer, across courses in the following Schools:
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Arts and Creative Industries
- School of The Built Environment and Architecture
- School of Business
- School of Engineering
- School of Law and Social Sciences
For example, a standard LSBU offer to study on the LLB is 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits. Students from OCN London registered colleges would be made an offer of 9 Distinctions and 27 Merits.
- Extended Project 2-day support programme: The Extended Project is a 6-credit unit on many OCN London Access to HE Diploma courses. LSBU's Support Programme for this unit is delivered by our academic and library staff. Participants will learn how to identify issues and research questions, plan their work and write a coherent extended essay that is appropriately referenced.
- Taster Days in various subject areas.
- Access to the LSBU Scheme, allowing students access to our library and other facilities.
To receive the benefits, Access to HE students must:
- Choose LSBU as one of their five university choices.
- Insert the code ‘OCN-LSBU’ in the further details box on the UCAS application form.
Access to HE
The Access to HE Diploma is a qualification which prepares learners without traditional qualifications for study at university.
LSBU has a Partnership Agreement with OCN London. Its objectives are:
- To raise confidence and aspirations of Access learners.
- To increase and widen participation in higher education.
- To provide clear higher education progression routes.
- To help prepare Access learners for higher education.
Hear what Access to HE students, college tutors and university admissions directors have to say about the positive impact of the Access to HE Diploma on students' lives.
29 May 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
31 May 2019LSBU Project Management Conference - Bridging the gap between theory and practice
4 June 2019Education Taster Day
5 June 2019Urban, Environment and Leisure Studies Taster Day
6 June 2019Law Taster Day
7 June 2019Social Sciences Taster Day
13 June 2019Social TSOs as Spaces for participation between activation, marketisation and creation
13 June 2019Breast screening for people with learning disabilities
13 June 2019HealthPitch Opera performance
20 June 2019PRODUCT OF SOUTH BANK: LSBU Product Design Degree Show 2019 - Day One
Law student at LSBU wins double scholarship from the Honourable Society of Inner Temple
17 May 2019
LSBU hosts British Journalism Training Council conference
15 May 2019
London South Bank University supports MillionPlus #ThinkModern campaign
14 May 2019
LSBU's engineering students take on Constructionarium 2019
13 May 2019
LSBU chancellor co-hosts local business gathering with Southwark Chamber of Commerce
10 May 2019
LSBU continues to climb Complete University Guide league table
2 May 2019
LSBU students take top three designs at Pro2Pac Design Challenge 2019
24 April 2019
Students take on the EPIIC Bag Challenge
23 April 2019
LSBU research project, CEDaCI, wins Interreg funding
23 April 2019