Since 2015, the Partnership Agreement between OCN London and LSBU has benefited Access to HE students of colleges registered with OCN London
If you're a student with an Access to Higher Education Diploma (Access to HE) from an OCN London registered college and you apply to LSBU, you're guaranteed a conditional offer at lower admissions requirements than the University's standard offer, across courses in the following Schools:
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Arts and Creative Industries
- School of The Built Environment and Architecture
- School of Business
- School of Engineering
- School of Law and Social Sciences
For example, a standard LSBU offer to study on the LLB is 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits. Students from OCN London registered colleges would be made an offer of 9 Distinctions and 27 Merits.
- Extended Project 2-day support programme: The Extended Project is a 6-credit unit on many OCN London Access to HE Diploma courses. LSBU's Support Programme for this unit is delivered by our academic and library staff. Participants will learn how to identify issues and research questions, plan their work and write a coherent extended essay that is appropriately referenced.
- Taster Days in various subject areas.
- Access to the LSBU Scheme, allowing students access to our library and other facilities.
To receive the benefits, Access to HE students must:
- Choose LSBU as one of their five university choices.
- Insert the code ‘OCN-LSBU’ in the further details box on the UCAS application form.
Access to HE
The Access to HE Diploma is a qualification which prepares learners without traditional qualifications for study at university.
LSBU has a Partnership Agreement with OCN London. Its objectives are:
- To raise confidence and aspirations of Access learners.
- To increase and widen participation in higher education.
- To provide clear higher education progression routes.
- To help prepare Access learners for higher education.
Hear what Access to HE students, college tutors and university admissions directors have to say about the positive impact of the Access to HE Diploma on students' lives.
18 January 2019Addressing Complexity: Homelessness and Addiction
31 January 2019'Can FMCG brands disrupt market equilibrium by delivering new category users?
7 February 2019The value of information in a knowledge based and digital economy
8 February 2019Beyond the Console: Gender and Narrative Games - Day One
9 February 2019Beyond the Console: Gender and Narrative Games - Day Two
14 February 2019Education Across the Divide Conference 2019: Creative and Innovative Approaches to Inclusive Education
14 February 2019Barriers against effective responses to early warning signs in projects
28 February 2019Development of indicators of absorptive capacity at micro and macro levels
9 March 2019University Open Day
20 March 2019Applied Science Experience Day
Branching out: LSBU research fellow tours universities UK-wide to promote The Great Competition
14 January 2019
Renowned physicist Brian Cox addresses African knowledge exchange conference at LSBU
21 December 2018
LSBU helps establish waste management model for Indonesia
17 December 2018
Engineering students win big at the Engineering Sketches Prize
13 December 2018
Research project at LSBU takes coveted award
13 December 2018
London South Bank University’s new Passmore Centre will drive Apprenticeship delivery in Southwark
28 November 2018
£10,000 win for LSBU student’s water heating solution
14 November 2018
South Bank celebration marks Sir Simon Hughes becoming new Chancellor of LSBU
9 November 2018
LSBU professor awarded for major engineering management accomplishments
6 November 2018